By Jonathan Gray,Derek Johnson
A significant other to Media Authorship deals 28 groundbreaking chapters which examine the practices, attributions, and meanings of authorship. Revitalizing the examine inside of media and cultural experiences, this diversified and worldwide assortment offers the definitive paintings at the subject.
- Rethinks cultures of authorship and demanding situations the concept that of auteurism throughout a number of media forms
- Moves past notions of the person to target how authorship is collaborative, contested, and networked, studying cultures of authorship and the practicalities of ways it works
- Draws at the state of the art examine of students and practitioners whose paintings has produced major new insights into the field
- Examines quite a lot of media, together with tv, social media, radio, videogames, transmedia, track, and comedian books
- Offers a powerful worldwide concentration, together with items on Mexican tune, beginner movie creation in Nairobi slums, tele-serial construction in Kinshasa, Hong Kong movie, and the promoting of Bollywood
Read or Download A Companion to Media Authorship PDF
Similar media studies books
Should you learn reminiscence, there's a nagging hindrance that reminiscence reports are inherently backward-looking, and that reminiscence itself hinders efforts to maneuver ahead. Unhinging reminiscence from the prior, this publication brings jointly an interdisciplinary workforce of sought after students who deliver the longer term into the research of reminiscence.
Doktorarbeit / Dissertation aus dem Jahr 2009 im Fachbereich Medien / Kommunikation - Medienökonomie, -management, be aware: intestine, Freie Universität Berlin (Institut für Publizistik- und Kommunikationswissenschaften), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die vorliegende Dissertation verfolgt das Ziel einer explorativen Untersuchung der Praxisrealität eines professionellen Kinofilmmarketing in Deutschland am Beispiel der Unternehmenspraxis von Kinofilmverleih- und Produktionsunternehmen.
Weaving jointly analyses of archival fabric, information insurance, and interviews carried out with newshounds from mainstream and partisan shops in addition to with activists around the political spectrum, Deana A. Rohlinger re-imagines how activists use various mediums, occasionally concurrently, to agitate for - and opposed to - criminal abortion.
Ny instances columnist, Thomas Friedman declared the fashionable age within which we are living because the ’age of distraction’ in 2006. the root of his argument used to be that expertise has replaced the ways that our minds functionality and our means to commit ourselves to any specific activity. Others assert that our recognition spans and skill to profit were replaced and that using media units has turn into necessary to many people’s day-by-day lives and certainly the impulse to take advantage of know-how is tougher to withstand than undesirable urges for consuming, alcohol or intercourse.
- Torture, Intelligence and Sousveillance in the War on Terror: Agenda-Building Struggles (Classical and Contemporary Social Theory)
- Taking Offence on Social Media: Conviviality and Communication on Facebook
- Women and Comedy in Solo Performance: Phyllis Diller, Lily Tomlin and Roseanne (Studies in American Popular History and Culture)
- Art After Appropriation: Essays on Art in the 1990s
- Media Management in the Age of Giants: Business Dynamics of Journalism, Second Edition
- Die Macht der Identität: Das Informationszeitalter. Wirtschaft. Gesellschaft. Kultur. Band 2 (Neue Bibliothek der Sozialwissenschaften) (German Edition)
Extra resources for A Companion to Media Authorship
A Companion to Media Authorship by Jonathan Gray,Derek Johnson