By Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks
- Presents the 1st entire, authoritative reference paintings within the field
- Organized thematically to be used either as a whole advent to the sector or an encyclopedic reference
- Draws on unique essays from major interdisciplinary scholars
- Features the main up to date and leading edge examine within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, know-how, and their broader highbrow environments
Read or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
If the traditional Greek thinker Socrates got here to lifestyles back this present day, he might ask yourself how airplanes fly and light-weight bulbs glow, yet no longer ask yourself a lot concerning the world’s political and social adjustments that came about due to the fact his time. the writer places himself within the place of explaining to Socrates the technological basics at the back of all our smooth conveniences .
Pathogens for struggle explores how Canada and its allies have tried to house the specter of germ struggle, probably the most anxious guns of mass destruction, because the moment global battle. In addressing this topic, distinct historian Donald Avery investigates the connection among bioweapons, poison fuel, and nuclear units, in addition to the relationship among bioattacks and normal illness pandemics.
This choice of essays explores the increase of clinical drugs and its effect on Victorian pop culture. Chapters contain an exam of Charles Dickens’s involvement with medical institution investment, issues approximately milk purity, and the theatrical portrayal of drug habit, plus an entire part dedicated to the illustration of drugs in crime fiction.
A historical past of technological know-how in Society is a concise assessment that introduces complicated principles in a non-technical style. Ede and Cormack hint the heritage of the altering position of technology in society and discover the hyperlink among the pursuit of data and the need to make that wisdom priceless. quantity I covers the origins of average philosophy within the historical international to the clinical Revolution.
- The Theory of Ecology
- The Body as Object and Instrument of Knowledge: Embodied Empiricism in Early Modern Science: 25 (Studies in History and Philosophy of Science)
- A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
- Democratizing Technology: Andrew Feenberg's Critical Theory of Technology
Extra resources for A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks