By Thomas W. Zeiler,Daniel M. DuBois
A better half to international battle II brings jointly a chain of unpolluted educational views on international conflict II, exploring the numerous cultural, social, and political contexts of the conflict. Essay subject matters diversity from American anti-Semitism to the reports of French-African infantrymen, delivering approximately 60 new contributions to the style prepared throughout accomplished volumes.
- A choice of unique historiographic essays that come with state-of-the-art research
- Analyzes the jobs of impartial international locations through the war
- Examines the conflict from the ground up during the reports of alternative social classes
- Covers the motives, key battles, and outcomes of the war
Read or Download A Companion to World War II (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Similar military history books
The specter of poison fuel, and different similar organic war brokers, holds our society hostage to the prospective activities of terrorist teams or rogue states. This examine hopes to persuade policymakers and most people that the undesirable attractiveness that surrounds using gasoline is basically the results of propaganda, incorrect information, and oft-repeated half-truths.
During global conflict II, the USA drafted 10. 1 million males to serve within the army. Of that quantity, 52,000 have been conscientious objectors, and 12,000 objected to noncombatant army carrier. these 12,000 males served the rustic in Civilian Public carrier, this system initiated by way of common Lewis Blaine Hershey, the director of Selective carrier from 1941 to1970.
In Priest, baby-kisser, Collaborator, James Mace Ward bargains the 1st complete and scholarly English-language biography of the Catholic priest and Slovak nationalist Jozef Tiso (1887-1947). the 1st president of an self sufficient Slovakia, validated as a satellite tv for pc of Nazi Germany, Tiso was once finally hanged for treason and (in impression) crimes opposed to humanity by means of a postwar reunified Czechoslovakia.
Spanish-Italian relatives and the impact of the key Powers examines complicated kinfolk among Spain and Italy, starting in 1943 and carrying on with until eventually 1957, contending that the connection can't be tested in isolation and needs to be understood in its broader context.
- Disarming Iraq: Monitoring Power and Resistance
- The Crusade in the Fifteenth Century: Converging and competing cultures (Crusades - Subsidia)
- The Sword and the Shield: Britain, America, NATO and Nuclear Weapons, 1970-1976 (Nuclear Weapons and International Security since 1945)
- A Transnational Analysis of Representations of the US Filibusters in Nicaragua, 1855-1857
- International Law, Politics and Inhumane Weapons: The Effectiveness of Global Landmine Regimes (Law, Conflict and International Relations)
Additional info for A Companion to World War II (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to World War II (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Thomas W. Zeiler,Daniel M. DuBois