By Maria Burguete,Lui Lam
There is lots of misunderstanding and false impression touching on technological know-how. the character and contents of technology is an unsettled challenge. for instance, Thales of 2,600 years in the past is well-known because the father of technological know-how however the note technology was once brought merely within the 14th century; the definition of technology is usually kept away from in books approximately philosophy of technology. This booklet goals to solve these types of confusions and current new advancements within the philosophy, historical past, sociology and conversation of technological know-how. It additionally goals to exhibit the fulfillment of China's best students in those components. The 18 chapters, divided into 5 components, are written by way of popular students together with the Nobel laureate Robin Warren, sociologist Harry Collins, and physicist-turned-historian Dietrich Stauffer.
- About technology 1: fundamentals — wisdom, Nature, technology and Scimat (Lui Lam)
- About technology 2: Philosophy, heritage, Sociology and communique (Lui Lam)
- Philosophy of Science:
- Towards a Phenomenological Philosophy of technological know-how (Guo-Sheng Wu)
- The concern of medical tradition in historic China (Hong-Sheng Wang)
- What Do Scientists comprehend! (Nigel Sanitt)
- How to accommodate the total: forms of Holism in technique (Jin-Yang Liu)
- History of Science:
- Helicobactor: the benefit and trouble of a brand new Discovery (Robin Warren)
- Science in Victorian period: New Observations on previous Theses (Dun Liu)
- Medical experiences in Portugal round 1911 (Maria Burguete)
- The Founding of the overseas Liquid Crystal Society (Lui Lam)
- Sociology of Science:
- Three Waves in technology stories (Harry Collins)
- Solitons and Revolution in China: 1978–1983 (Lui Lam)
- Scientific tradition in modern China (Bing Liu and Mei-Fang Zhang)
- Communication of Science:
- Science conversation: A heritage and evaluation (Peter Broks)
- Popular-Science Writings in Early sleek China (Lin Yin)
- Other technological know-how Matters:
- Understanding paintings via technological know-how: From Socrates to the Contextual mind (Kajsa Berg)
- Spy games After 11th of September: Narrative and delight (Ting-Ting Wang)
- Statistical Physics for arts: an educational (Dietrich Stauffer)
Readership: Researchers and laypeople attracted to science.
Read Online or Download All About Science:Philosophy, History, Sociology & Communication (Science Matters Series) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
If the traditional Greek thinker Socrates got here to lifestyles back this present day, he could ask yourself how airplanes fly and light-weight bulbs glow, yet now not ask yourself a lot in regards to the world’s political and social adjustments that happened given that his time. the writer places himself within the place of explaining to Socrates the technological basics in the back of all our smooth conveniences .
Pathogens for battle explores how Canada and its allies have tried to house the specter of germ war, essentially the most anxious guns of mass destruction, because the moment international warfare. In addressing this topic, distinctive historian Donald Avery investigates the connection among bioweapons, poison fuel, and nuclear units, in addition to the relationship among bioattacks and normal disorder pandemics.
This selection of essays explores the increase of medical drugs and its impression on Victorian pop culture. Chapters contain an exam of Charles Dickens’s involvement with health center investment, matters approximately milk purity, and the theatrical portrayal of drug dependancy, plus a complete part dedicated to the illustration of drugs in crime fiction.
A background of technology in Society is a concise assessment that introduces complicated rules in a non-technical model. Ede and Cormack hint the historical past of the altering position of technological know-how in society and discover the hyperlink among the pursuit of information and the need to make that wisdom precious. quantity I covers the origins of average philosophy within the historic global to the medical Revolution.
- The Works of Charles Darwin: Vol 27: The Power of Movement in Plants (1880): The Power of Movement in Plants (1880) Vol 27 (The Pickering Masters)
- The Pontecorvo Affair: A Cold War Defection and Nuclear Physics
- Mapping the Country of Regions: The Chorographic Commission of Nineteenth-Century Colombia
- From the Molecular World: A Nineteenth-Century Science Fantasy (SpringerBriefs in Molecular Science)
Extra info for All About Science:Philosophy, History, Sociology & Communication (Science Matters Series)
All About Science:Philosophy, History, Sociology & Communication (Science Matters Series) by Maria Burguete,Lui Lam