By Axel R. Schäfer
Read or Download American Evangelicals and the 1960s (Studies in American Thought and Culture) PDF
Best protestantism books
In keeping with interview fabric with a variety of Protestant clergy in Northern eire, this e-book examines how Protestant id affects at the chance of peace and balance and argues for higher involvement by way of the Protestant church buildings within the transition from clash to a 'post-conflict' Northern eire.
New in Paperback! ". .. a version for the type of learn that different denominations now deserve and want. "—THE CHRISTIAN CENTURY". .. a sympathetic yet balanced therapy. .. vital for social background collections and crucial for these emphasizing the sociology of faith or American non secular historical past.
This cutting edge quantity offers an interdisciplinary, theoretically cutting edge resolution to a permanent query for Pentecostal/charismatic Christianities: how do girls lead church buildings? This research fills this lacuna via analyzing the management and legacy of 2 architects of the Pentecostal circulate - Maria Woodworth-Etter and Aimee Semple McPherson.
The dramatic unfolding of occasions after Martin Luther’s innovative act ended in the final word, and doubtless irreparable, fissure with Roman Catholicism: excommunication and schism. From the purpose of that rupture, as much as and together with many of the twentieth century, the heritage of theological and ecclesial readings of Luther has been managed mostly through a rubric assuming the inevitability of fracture and the portrayal of Luther as a veritable bete noire of Catholic heritage and theology.
- The Freedom of a Christian Ethicist: The Future of a Reformation Legacy
- Image, Identity and John Wesley: A Study in Portraiture (Routledge Methodist Studies Series)
- The Rise of Pentecostalism in Modern El Salvador: From the Blood of the Martyrs to the Baptism of the Spirit (Studies in World Christianity)
- A Pentecostal Political Theology for American Renewal: Spirit of the Kingdoms, Citizens of the Cities (Christianity and Renewal - Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Historical Dictionary of the Seventh-Day Adventists (Historical Dictionaries of Religions, Philosophies, and Movements Series)
Additional info for American Evangelicals and the 1960s (Studies in American Thought and Culture)
American Evangelicals and the 1960s (Studies in American Thought and Culture) by Axel R. Schäfer