By Gillis J. Harp
Read or Download Brahmin Prophet: Phillips Brooks and the Path of Liberal Protestantism (American Intellectual Culture) PDF
Similar protestantism books
In response to interview fabric with quite a lot of Protestant clergy in Northern eire, this publication examines how Protestant identification affects at the probability of peace and balance and argues for higher involvement through the Protestant church buildings within the transition from clash to a 'post-conflict' Northern eire.
New in Paperback! ". .. a version for the type of research that different denominations now deserve and want. "—THE CHRISTIAN CENTURY". .. a sympathetic yet balanced remedy. .. vital for social historical past collections and crucial for these emphasizing the sociology of faith or American spiritual historical past.
This cutting edge quantity presents an interdisciplinary, theoretically cutting edge solution to an everlasting query for Pentecostal/charismatic Christianities: how do ladies lead church buildings? This learn fills this lacuna via studying the management and legacy of 2 architects of the Pentecostal circulate - Maria Woodworth-Etter and Aimee Semple McPherson.
The dramatic unfolding of occasions after Martin Luther’s progressive act resulted in the final word, and doubtless irreparable, fissure with Roman Catholicism: excommunication and schism. From the purpose of that rupture, as much as and together with many of the twentieth century, the background of theological and ecclesial readings of Luther has been managed mostly by means of a rubric assuming the inevitability of fracture and the portrayal of Luther as a veritable bete noire of Catholic heritage and theology.
- Handbuch pfingstliche und charismatische Theologie (German Edition)
- A Gathered Church: The Literature of the English Dissenting Interest, 1700-1930 (Routledge Revivals)
- A Plague on Both Their Houses: Liberal vs. Conservative Christians and the Divorce of the Episcopal Church USA
- Holy Jumpers: Evangelicals and Radicals in Progressive Era America (Religion in America)
- Pentecostalism and Prosperity: The Socio-Economics of the Global Charismatic Movement (Christianities of the World)
- Registres de la Compagnie des pasteurs de Genève. T. III, 1565-1574 (Travaux d'Humanisme et Renaissance) (French Edition)
Additional resources for Brahmin Prophet: Phillips Brooks and the Path of Liberal Protestantism (American Intellectual Culture)
Brahmin Prophet: Phillips Brooks and the Path of Liberal Protestantism (American Intellectual Culture) by Gillis J. Harp