By Julian Lewis
Read or Download Changing Direction: British Military Planning for Post-war Strategic Defence, 1942-47 PDF
Best military history books
The specter of poison gasoline, and different similar organic war brokers, holds our society hostage to the potential activities of terrorist teams or rogue states. This research hopes to persuade policymakers and most of the people that the undesirable acceptance that surrounds using fuel is essentially the results of propaganda, incorrect information, and oft-repeated half-truths.
During global conflict II, the us drafted 10. 1 million males to serve within the army. Of that quantity, 52,000 have been conscientious objectors, and 12,000 objected to noncombatant army carrier. these 12,000 males served the rustic in Civilian Public provider, this system initiated through common Lewis Blaine Hershey, the director of Selective carrier from 1941 to1970.
In Priest, baby-kisser, Collaborator, James Mace Ward deals the 1st accomplished and scholarly English-language biography of the Catholic priest and Slovak nationalist Jozef Tiso (1887-1947). the 1st president of an self sufficient Slovakia, demonstrated as a satellite tv for pc of Nazi Germany, Tiso was once finally hanged for treason and (in impact) crimes opposed to humanity through a postwar reunified Czechoslovakia.
Spanish-Italian kin and the effect of the foremost Powers examines complicated family among Spain and Italy, starting in 1943 and carrying on with until eventually 1957, contending that the connection can't be tested in isolation and needs to be understood in its broader context.
- Anguyiim Nalliini/Time of Warring: The History of Bow-and-Arrow Warfare in Southwest Alaska
- Planning Armageddon: Britain, the United States and the Command of Western Nuclear Forces, 1945-1964 (Routledge Studies in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine)
- Military Rules, Regulations and the Code of War: Francis Lieber and the Certification of Conflict
- Warship 2016
- War, Agriculture, and Food: Rural Europe from the 1930s to the 1950s (Routledge Studies in Modern European History)
- The Chattanooga Campaign (Civil War Campaigns in the Heartland)
Additional resources for Changing Direction: British Military Planning for Post-war Strategic Defence, 1942-47
Changing Direction: British Military Planning for Post-war Strategic Defence, 1942-47 by Julian Lewis