By Cynthia A. Watson
A one-stop source for info approximately U.S. army instructions and their organisations, this booklet describes the six geographic strive against instructions and analyzes their contributions to nationwide security.
• quotation of unique files akin to legislation on nationwide security
• A bibliography on the finish of every bankruptcy in addition to a separate source bankruptcy
• A word list of key terms
Read Online or Download Combatant Commands: Origins, Structure, and Engagements (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar military history books
The specter of poison fuel, and different similar organic battle brokers, holds our society hostage to the potential activities of terrorist teams or rogue states. This research hopes to persuade policymakers and most people that the undesirable attractiveness that surrounds using gasoline is basically the results of propaganda, incorrect information, and oft-repeated half-truths.
During global warfare II, the U.S. drafted 10. 1 million males to serve within the army. Of that quantity, 52,000 have been conscientious objectors, and 12,000 objected to noncombatant army provider. these 12,000 males served the rustic in Civilian Public carrier, this system initiated through basic Lewis Blaine Hershey, the director of Selective provider from 1941 to1970.
In Priest, baby-kisser, Collaborator, James Mace Ward bargains the 1st complete and scholarly English-language biography of the Catholic priest and Slovak nationalist Jozef Tiso (1887-1947). the 1st president of an self reliant Slovakia, confirmed as a satellite tv for pc of Nazi Germany, Tiso was once eventually hanged for treason and (in influence) crimes opposed to humanity by means of a postwar reunified Czechoslovakia.
Spanish-Italian family and the impression of the most important Powers examines advanced kin among Spain and Italy, starting in 1943 and carrying on with till 1957, contending that the connection can't be tested in isolation and has to be understood in its broader context.
- Planning Armageddon: Britain, the United States and the Command of Western Nuclear Forces, 1945-1964 (Routledge Studies in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine)
- War Scare: Russia and America on the Nuclear Brink
- Women's Identities at War: Gender, Motherhood, and Politics in Britain and France during the First World War
- Comics, the Holocaust and Hiroshima (The Holocaust and its Contexts)
Extra info for Combatant Commands: Origins, Structure, and Engagements (Praeger Security International)
Combatant Commands: Origins, Structure, and Engagements (Praeger Security International) by Cynthia A. Watson