By Yasmin B. Kafai,Mitchel Resnick
* Perspectives in Constructionism additional develops the highbrow underpinnings of constructionist concept. This part appears to be like heavily on the function of perspective-taking in studying and discusses how either cognitive and affective approaches play a relevant position in construction connections among outdated and new knowledge.
* Learning via Design analyzes the connection among designing and studying, and discusses ways in which layout actions grants for my part significant contexts for studying. This part investigates how and why teenagers can study throughout the procedures of creating artifacts reminiscent of video games, cloth styles, robots and interactive devices.
* Learning in Communities specializes in the social facets of constructionist studying, spotting that how humans study is deeply motivated by means of the groups and cultures with which they have interaction. It examines the character of studying in school room, inner-city, and digital communities.
* Learning approximately Systems examines how scholars make experience of organic, technological, and mathematical structures. This part explores the conceptual and epistemological limitations to studying approximately suggestions, self-organization, and likelihood, and it discusses new technological instruments and actions that may support humans enhance new methods of considering those phenomena.
Read Online or Download Constructionism in Practice: Designing, Thinking, and Learning in A Digital World PDF
Best computers & technology books
Digitale Medien haben heute und werden zukünftig einen zentralen Stellenwert für das Lehren und Lernen haben. Die AutorInnen dieses Bandes gehen daher folgenden Fragen nach: Wie lassen sich digitale Lernwelten tatsächlich genau kennzeichnen? Welche Lern- und Bildungspotenziale eröffnen sich gegenwärtig im Kontext von internet 2.
This e-book highlights versions for selling interdisciplinary considering and an appreciation for interdisciplinary realizing between scholars in STEM-related fields. Studentsmajoring in technology, know-how, engineering, and arithmetic usually perceivethat classes of their significant should not regarding the final schooling liberalarts classes required for his or her levels.
This book provides the knowledge that's required to begin a small spacecraft application for academic purposes. This will comprise a dialogue of a number of methods to application formation and construct / purchase / hybrid selection considerations. The book also discusses how a CubeSat (or different small spacecraft application) may be built-in into direction and/or software curriculum and the ancillary advantages that this type of application provides.
This publication experiences on examine and perform on computational pondering and the influence it really is having on schooling all over the world, either inside and out of formal schooling. With coding turning into a required ability in progressively more nationwide curricula (e. g. , the uk, Israel, Estonia, Finland), the facility to imagine computationally is instantly turning into a prime twenty first century “basic” area of information.
- The Visual Language of Technique: Volume 1 - History and Epistemology
- Using Network and Mobile Technology to Bridge Formal and Informal Learning (Chandos Learning and Teaching Series)
- Nordic Contributions in IS Research: 7th Scandinavian Conference on Information Systems, SCIS 2016 and IFIP8.6 2016, Ljungskile, Sweden, August 7-10, 2016, ... Notes in Business Information Processing)
- Digital Technology as Affordance and Barrier in Higher Education
Additional resources for Constructionism in Practice: Designing, Thinking, and Learning in A Digital World
Constructionism in Practice: Designing, Thinking, and Learning in A Digital World by Yasmin B. Kafai,Mitchel Resnick