By Priscilla Roberts
Drawing on revealing new learn, this richly informative quantity is the definitive concise advent to the trouble that took the realm to the edge of nuclear war.
• seventy three alphabetically geared up entries that provide worthwhile insights into the leaders, occasions, and concepts that formed the Cuban Missile Crisis
• greater than a dozen professional participants representing all international locations concerned with the crisis
• Seven fundamental resource records, together with President Kennedy's speech to the yankee public and letters exchanged among ideal Kruschev and Fidel Castro
• Biographies of significant figures, together with the Kennedys, Nikita Khrushchev, Fidel Castro, Adlai Stevenson, and Valerian Zorin
• an intensive chronology outlining all key occasions ahead of, in the course of, and after the crisis
• A entire bibliography at the problem, together with an important variety of contemporary guides that experience introduced new figuring out of the clash to light
Read or Download Cuban Missile Crisis: The Essential Reference Guide PDF
Similar military history books
The specter of poison fuel, and different similar organic war brokers, holds our society hostage to the prospective activities of terrorist teams or rogue states. This learn hopes to persuade policymakers and most people that the undesirable acceptance that surrounds using gasoline is essentially the results of propaganda, incorrect information, and oft-repeated half-truths.
During global struggle II, the USA drafted 10. 1 million males to serve within the army. Of that quantity, 52,000 have been conscientious objectors, and 12,000 objected to noncombatant army carrier. these 12,000 males served the rustic in Civilian Public provider, this system initiated by means of basic Lewis Blaine Hershey, the director of Selective carrier from 1941 to1970.
In Priest, flesh presser, Collaborator, James Mace Ward bargains the 1st entire and scholarly English-language biography of the Catholic priest and Slovak nationalist Jozef Tiso (1887-1947). the 1st president of an self sustaining Slovakia, verified as a satellite tv for pc of Nazi Germany, Tiso was once finally hanged for treason and (in influence) crimes opposed to humanity by way of a postwar reunified Czechoslovakia.
Spanish-Italian kin and the effect of the key Powers examines complicated relatives among Spain and Italy, starting in 1943 and carrying on with till 1957, contending that the connection can't be tested in isolation and has to be understood in its broader context.
- The Nature of War: Origins and Evolution of Violent Conflict
- Chasing Jeb Stuart and John Mosby: The Union Cavalry in Northern Virginia from Second Manassas to Gettysburg
- Alfred Von Schlieffen's Military Writings (Military History and Policy)
- The Marketing of War in the Age of Neo-Militarism (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
Additional info for Cuban Missile Crisis: The Essential Reference Guide
Cuban Missile Crisis: The Essential Reference Guide by Priscilla Roberts