By Margaret Hayford O'Leary
This thorough advent to modern day Norway and Norwegian tradition exhibits the effect a small state may have at the international when it comes to peace development, environmental concerns, technological innovation, and more.
• images of paintings, structure, nature, humans, and more
• encompasses a thesaurus of Norwegian-language phrases like lutefisk and nynorsk, which are helpful for knowing Norwegian culture
• offers a political map of Norway
• A chronology of significant occasions from the Stone Age to the present
• An annotated bibliography of English-language resources
Read Online or Download Culture and Customs of Norway (Cultures and Customs of the World) PDF
Similar human geography books
Engaging in study in Conservation is the 1st textbook on social technological know-how examine equipment written in particular to be used within the increasing and more and more multidisciplinary box of environmental conservation. the 1st part on making plans a study venture comprises chapters at the want for social technological know-how study in conservation, defining a examine subject, technique, and sampling.
After generations of being rendered nearly invisible by way of the USA academy in serious anthologies and literary histories, writing by way of Latin americans of African ancestry has turn into represented by means of a booming corpus of highbrow and demanding research. This quantity goals to supply an advent to the literary worlds and perceptions of nationwide tradition and id of authors from Spanish-America, Brazil, and uniquely, Equatorial Guinea, hence contextually connecting Africa to the background of Spanish colonization.
Visible sociology has been a part of the sociological vocabulary because the Nineteen Seventies, yet formerly there has no longer been a entire textual content that introduces this sector. Written via one of many founding fathers within the box, visible Sociology explores how the realm that's noticeable, photographed, drawn, or another way represented visually isn't like the area that's represented via phrases and numbers.
Weather switch and urbanization are of the best demanding situations dealing with humanity within the twenty first century, and their results are converging in risky methods. towns give a contribution considerably to worldwide warming, and because the international extra takes a rural-urban inhabitants tilt, the following couple of many years pose a good problem in addressing worldwide disparities within the entry and allocation of carbon.
- The Geography of Border Landscapes (Routledge Library Editions: Political Geography): Volume 5
- The Social Ecology of Border Landscapes (The Anthem Series on International Environmental Policy and Agreements)
- The Fundamentals of Human Factors Design for Volunteered Geographic Information (SpringerBriefs in Geography)
- The Government and Misgovernment of London
- Extreme Landscapes of Leisure: Not a Hap-Hazardous Sport
- Nature and Culture: Rebuilding Lost Connections
Extra resources for Culture and Customs of Norway (Cultures and Customs of the World)
Culture and Customs of Norway (Cultures and Customs of the World) by Margaret Hayford O'Leary